Head Coach Vacancy
We are a progressive Club, always looking to learn and improve the way we do things, and are looking for an experienced and dynamic Head Coach that will reflect this philosophy and our desire to provide pathways right through from learn-to-swim to elite, whilst maintaining the ethos and feel of a community club.
The Role of Head Coach
Full job description available below. In summary, the role of the Head Coach is:
• Overall responsibility for managing & delivering the coaching program from teaching to elite level but with specific “hands-on” coaching time for swimmers within agreed squads within the club
• Coach management, mentoring & development to ensure the highest standard of coaching possible at all levels through the club
• Propose, agree and manage the calendar of competitive events the club will support through the season. This includes our participation in the national Arena League, NorthWest Microleague and North Lancs League.
• Identify, develop & maintain links with other local clubs, learn-to-swim and university programs to work in partnership with. In particular, to further develop the partnership with Lancaster University and build a program with UCLAN in Preston.
• Provide insight, ideas and direction for the future development of the swimming club
• Work with the Committee to lead the development of PSC to maintain Swim 21 accreditation.
Skills & Qualities Required
• Knowledge and experience of the development, organisation, implementation and co-ordination of swim squads, including an understanding of swimming specific LTAD.
• Have, at least, the ASA Level 3 Coaching Qualification (or equivalent).
• To be a confident and effective communicator that is approachable, clear and concise
• To be a good listener with an empathy for young people and their families
• To respect confidentiality and be tactful and discreet
• Well organised and efficient
• Demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team and be proactive in organising and scheduling your work.
• Build strong relationships with swimmers, parents & coaching team, to continually encourage them to the next level of swimming or club development.
• A willingness to attend weekend events to support all the swimmers
Applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org must include CV and a cover letter outlining your coaching philosophy and vision for PSC as head coach.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 19th August